The theme of Alternatives 2012 is "Honoring Our History, Building Our Future." The theme reflects the importance of honoring the efforts and achievements of our community. Our history of creating change for people with psychiatric histories is the foundation on which we build a better future for ourselves and our community. The conference will serve as a catalyst for building a better future by providing opportunities for sharing knowledge about innovative peer-delivered services, tools for mental health recovery, and systems change.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Patricia Deegan, PhD, Pat Deegan Ph.D. and Associates, LLC
- "Honoring Our History" Panel - Gayle Bluebird, Celia Brown, Joseph Rogers, and Sally Zinman
- "Building Our Future" - Will Hall, Ma, Dipl.PW
- "Stand up for Mental Health" Comedy Show - David Granirer
- Youth Plenary, featuring MY LIFE, Youth 'N Action, Youth MOVE, Youth POWER!, and TAY in Alameda County
Also featuring a performance of "Sick," a riveting one woman show with actress Elizabeth Kenny!
Register for an August 16 Preview webinar, providing all the information you need, whether this is your first Alternatives or you are a seasoned attendee.
Caucus applications close August 22nd. To submit a caucus application, click here.
Are you interested in having an exhibitor table at Alternatives? The deadline to apply is August 31st. To fill out an application online, click here.
This year's Alternatives Conference is organized by Peerlink National Technical Assistance Center, a project of Mental Health America of Oregon.
Alternatives 2012 is funded by: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Mental Health Services