NYAPRS Announces a FALL WEBINAR SERIES and FACE TO FACE SEMINAR:
“NECESSARY CHANGES TO ‘BUSINESS AS USUAL’ IN THE AGE OF HEALTHCARE REFORM”
NYAPRS note: The first webinar in our series is this Monday October 15th ... don’t miss out... register right now. In keeping with our mission to provide our community with the most timely information and guidance in these extraordinary times, the NYAPRS Collective has arranged with nationally acclaimed healthcare expert Dr. Derek Jansen to provide a fall webinar series and an Albany face to face seminar. We are pleased to have Derek Jansen, PhD, MPH as our presenter for the webinar series and the face to face seminar. Derek has more than 30 years of experience in community healthcare management, is a Board Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Medical Investigator (CMI-IV) and is certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC). Derek consults directly for State Medicaid Authorities, health lawyers, health plans, and provider trade associations. He has authored 3 recent books and dozens of articles in peer-reviewed journals. Register now for the face to face seminar and secure your seat at this free and important event.
WEBINARS: Register : https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NYAPRS-Collective-2012-Fall-Webinar-Training-Series
- Regulatory Update, October 15, 2012 1PM-2PM: Join us for a discussion of the local impact of the recently upheld Affordable Care Act, new/progressing Health Home rules, BHO’s/MCO’s/ACO’s, federal and state oversight implications and the status of Health Insurance Exchanges.
- Managing Liability, November 13, 2012 1PM-2PM: Learn what you need to manage liability in new relationships and with issues of Integrated Care.
- Social Media and technology Challenges, December 11, 2012, 1PM-2PM: Take a fresh look at the new challenges that are implicated in communication through new collaborations. We will discuss the technology issues of affiliations, e-mail communication, EHR access issues and the (relatively) new horizon on which appears telehealth.
SEMINAR: Tuesday October 23, 2012 10AM-3PM at the Best Western Airport Inn, Wolf Road, Albany NY: register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NYAPRS-Collective-2012-Fall-Training
Please be sure to register for your hotel room soon in order to secure the discounted rate.
Service Planning/Care Management/Treatment Plans:
There are Many Different Paths Leading (Hopefully) to the Same Destination
Join us for a full day presentation that begins with the regulatory requirements and expectations of NYS and Managed Care payers, surveys many different methods of person-centered planning and weaves together a global view that promotes a dynamic process incorporating quality assessments, clinical documentation and integrated care management. Topics include:
- Medicaid is the payer of last resort;
- The rules about service planning and complex care management
- Implementing the rules in everyday practice
- Person centered planning in a mostly managed Medicaid system
- Dynamic service participants require dynamic planning
- Samples, examples and take-home materials