NYAPRS Note: Lots of peer positions are available in NYC, from HHC, Baltic Street, and NYAPRS.
The NYC Health and Hospital Corporation’s Office of Behavioral Health is looking for Peer Wellness Coaches to work within our facilities with a per diem schedule. Send questions/applications to Linda Richard at (212) 788-3468 or Linda.Richard@nychhc.org.
Peer Health Coach Functional Job Description
NYC Health and Hospital Corporation
Functional Job Description
1. Distributes and uses the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet in groups with consumers on inpatient units and within ambulatory care services.
2. Uses one's personal experience as a mental health consumer in role modeling recovery and providing hope for other consumers.
3. Shares with the consumers their own personal skills that they use to stay out of the hospital.
4. Engages consumers and helps motivate them to set positive goals for their health and wellbeing. Also helps them to better understand the purpose and benefit of being in the hospital.
5. Assists consumers in seeking clarification about the treatment and recovery process.
6. Promotes wellness and recovery by assisting consumers, in an individual and/or group setting, to identify their strengths and goals and to promote the notion of empowerment.
7. Assists consumers in identifying their own individual warning signs of relapse and identifying and developing individual coping strategies.
8. Assists consumers in identifying the causes of what brought them into the hospital and how they can learn how to stay out of the hospital.
9. Engages consumers in the models that are utilized in the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet.
10. Assists consumers in developing skills intended to improve:
• mental health,
• substance abuse,
• physical health,
• activities of daily living (ADL), and
11. Links consumers with peer support and social support networks in the community that is provided in the Guide to Keeping Healthy after the Hospital © booklet.
12. Documents in accordance with program requirements, in a timely manner.
13. Maintain a rapport with assigned Nurse Liaison upon entering and exiting the inpatient unit.
14. Peer Health Coach is supervised by the Consumer Affairs Coordinator.
15. Participates in a bi-weekly team supervision to obtain information and resources for consumers and staff.
1. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent; and
2. Currently of formerly attended a training program which guides them through working with consumers in the community.
MyPSYCKES Peer Technical Implementation Specialist
Baltic Street AEH
Minimum qualifications: Current or former recipient of mental health services, good phone and communication skills, some experience or training in peer advocacy, basic knowledge of self-help techniques, ability to be patient and supportive, knowledge of community mental health system, ability to complete required paperwork and function as an integral part of MY PSYCHES leadership team. Basic office and computer skills are required. Peer Specialist must have a high school diploma or GED. These job duties must be performed at Baltic Street AEH, Inc. in a manner which is in keeping with the mission statement of Baltic Street AEH, Inc. and must also project a positive image of the employees, individuals, and agency of Baltic Street AEH, Inc. to the public, individuals, other agencies, families and other Board of Directors. Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP) preferred.
Hours of work: Part-time 20 hours per week - TEMP
Source of supervision: Program Manager or Program Supervisor
1. Assist MyPSYCKES leadership team in the design and planning of the MyPSYCKES implementation at practice locations.
2. Identify practice specific workflow redesign steps necessary to implement and adopt MyPSYCKES throughout the 6 month rollout and pilot evaluation process.
3. Educate practice staff about MyPSYCKES platform and its integration into their clinical workflow.
4. Educating consumers about the project, assisting them in creating Power Statements and Personal Medicine and ensuring that these are entered into the CommonGround program properly during the 6-month pilot rollout.
5. Assist with onsite evaluation of MyPSYCKES product features developed through HEAL 17 project.
6. Educating consumers and clinical staff to find appropriate health education resources and tools tailored to their clinical workflow.
7. Assisting clinical staff with consumer sign-in and basic trouble shooting with the MyPSYCKES application and conveying application problems with the MyPSYCKES IT team.
8. Attending and participating in weekly MyPSYCKES leadership team meetings.
9. Communicating with Program Manager about progress on a regular basis and reporting problems in a timely fashion.
10. Communicating with clinic leadership on an ongoing basis on project status.
11. Creating daily and weekly project performance reports.
12. Ensure and protect all consumer civil liberties and rights.
13. Maintain and protect the confidential nature of all matters related to this position.
14. Answer a help-line in a busy office.
15. Work collaboratively with other organizations and maintain positive interagency relationships.
16. Conduct outreach activities to prospective consumers.
17. As requested, run groups, classes and information sessions for consumers and other stakeholders.
18. Document information in each record in a clear & timely manner in accordance with state and agency regulations and policies
19. Enter information into consumer data -base in a timely and accurate manner.
20. Maintain administrative, program, and client records in a timely, complete, and organized manner, consistent with all applicable policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
21. Submit accurate and timely reports as requested by the agency management
22. Participate in training sessions designed to enhance growth and skill development.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
Baltic Street AEH, Inc. does not discriminate in its hiring practices on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, veteran status or disability. If you would require an accommodation in how you would perform the essential functions of the position as described, please inform your interviewer.
Send, e-mail or fax resume to:
Baltic Street AEH, Inc.
250 Baltic Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
E-mail: email@example.com Fax (718) 222-1116
Our best wishes to our long time New York City Recovery Facilitator Ruth Pasillas-Gonzales who is leaving New York to return to California at the end of August 2012. Ruth has shared her experience and expertise with hundreds of New York City and Long Island providers during her tenure with NYAPRS and has worked tirelessly to help improve services and supports for people with psychiatric diagnoses. We will miss her greatly and wish her all the best! The position of NYC/LI Recovery Facilitator is listed below.
Recovery Facilitator New York City/Long Island
NYAPRS, a fast growing statewide peer-led non-profit Albany-based agency focused on state and national mental health advocacy, training and service innovation, seeks a Recovery Facilitator to develop and implement training for New York City and Long Island behavioral health providers on Recovery Innovations as part of the Statewide NYAPRS Training Collective for Recovery Rehabilitation and Rights. This position requires the ability to act independently, experience in delivering formal training or leading groups and demonstrated ability to engage others in training. Lived experience with the public mental health system and ability to use that experience to enhance training highly preferred.
Requirements include: GED or High School Diploma, BA/BS preferred, great oral and written communication skills and facility with computers and technical equipment. We offer a very competitive benefit package including health benefits, retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays. Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume by August 17, 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Recovery Facilitator” or by regular mail to NYAPRS, 1 Columbia Place, Albany, NY 12207, ATTN: HR Manager. www.nyaprs.org