Disability Advocates, Inc. is seeking applications for Client Assistance Program Advocates. The Client Assistance Program (CAP) works to ensure the rights of individuals with disabilities receiving or seeking vocational rehabilitation services from New York States two vocational rehabilitation agencies: Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) and the Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped (CBVH). CAP also provides information and advocacy to individuals regarding other services and benefits available under the Rehabilitation Act.
The CAP Advocates primary responsibilities will be to:
* Provide information to individuals on their rights with respect to vocational rehabilitation services.
* Provide technical assistance to and advocacy for individuals encountering obstacles to obtaining vocational rehabilitation services, including negotiating with the vocational rehabilitation agencies and assisting individuals in seeking administrative remedies.
* Provide outreach and education to individuals who may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services.
* Assist in identifying and remedying systemic issues in the vocational rehabilitation systems.
The ideal candidates will have:
* Demonstrated, strong communication, administrative and organizational skills.
* Familiarity with the vocational rehabilitation systems in New York.
* Experience working with individuals with disabilities.
* The ability to work independently.
* Proficiency in a second language.
Locations could include Albany, Utica, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo, White Plains, New York City, and Nassau or Suffolk County.
Disability Advocates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.