PEOPLe Inc. is seeking a Chief Operating Officer
PEOPLe, Inc., a consumer-run 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization based in Poughkeepsie, NY dedicated to advocating with and providing services to people living with mental health diagnoses. We believe that recovery and wellness is possible with an informed and educated approach to wellness. PEOPLe, Inc. has a proven record of assisting individuals toward recovery by delivering supports and education that are tailored to each person’s wishes. For more information about PEOPLe please go to www.projectstoempower.org
This is a Senior Administrative Management position
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop a proven peer operated and peer run organization that has made a significant impact on instilling hope and, empowerment and self-determination in people that have lived with mental health diagnoses. The successful candidate will partner with the Executive Director and work collaboratively with a high-performance management team.
Reporting to the executive director (ED), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for all PEOPLe, Inc. programs and services and will manage the program directors. As the chief program officer of PEOPLe, Inc. , s/he will provide leadership to the PEOPLe, Inc. strategic planning process and will implement new programmatic strategic initiatives. In addition, the COO will: provide coordination for PEOPLe, Inc. senior management team; serve as liaison to PEOPLe, Inc. partners; and work with PEOPLe, Inc.’s Board of Directors to keep them abreast of programmatic strategies and challenges.
The COO will partner with the ED and her/his peers (the chief financial officer (CFO), director of development, and director of human resources) and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs.
- Identify opportunities for PEOPLe, Inc. to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain PEOPLe, Inc.’s high-performance senior management team with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting.
- Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget, manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of PEOPLe, Inc.’s operational units through sound fiscal management.
- Develop and implement operating procedures and protocols ensuring seamless service delivery between agency operating units.
- Develop and oversee the active management of data collection systems related to individual funding contracts and grants to ensure accurate, time-sensitive reporting.
Strategic Plan Development
• Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with the ED and staff. Coach program directors as they implement the strategic plan and transition program operations.
• Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
External Relationship development
• Manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams.
• Publicly represent PEOPLe, Inc. with the media and external constituency groups including community, governmental, and private organizations and build excitement for PEOPLe, Inc.’s mission.
• Bachelor’s degree required with a preference of Masters level education in either business administration or non-profit/public administration.
• Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience in a non-profit human services organization/
• Knowledge of the lived experience of recovery preferred.
• Ability to work in an organized fashion that leads to conceptualizing streamlined program operations, and subsequent implementation.
• Valid NYS Driver’s license.
• Well-developed understanding of recovery vs. illness based system (preferred).
• Able to delineate behaviors behind values of critical care and recovery (preferred).
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Ability to multi-task, balance competing priorities.
• Professional demeanor.
• Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
• Honesty, respect for diversity, high personal standards, language and behaviors reflecting such values.
• Deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management
• Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development.
• Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
• Must have good time management skills and be self-directing.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills
• Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
We offer a competitive benefit package including health and dental benefits, 403(b), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and Paid Time Off (PTO). Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to:
126 Innis Avenue
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Executive Director, Peer Operated Agency
Collaborative Support Programs of New Jersey (CSP-NJ), a large state-wide peer directed agency, is searching for an Executive Director. CSP-NJ has taken a unique leadership role in the transformation of New Jersey’s mental health system into a person centered service system based on recovery and wellness. The successful candidate must be a peer with the lived experience in addition to having significant management and leadership experience in mental health settings. The successful candidate will hold academic credentials commensurate with this level position and have a track record of dealing with local, state and national entities and funding sources.
CSP-NJ is a private not-for-profit organization with a budget of $12M, directed, managed and staffed through the collaborative efforts of mental health consumers, survivors and non-consumers. CSP-NJ strives to provide individualized, flexible community based services that promote responsibility, recovery and wellness. Current services include self-help centers, supportive housing, supported employment, advocacy, and entrepreneurial programs for adults with mental health and other special needs. The 150-plus CSP-NJ staff members and 200-plus peer facilitators serve over 4000 persons per year. CSP-NJs greatest resource is the life experiences of persons working through their own recovery.
The Executive Director has administrative responsibility for the overall operations of this dynamic agency, including: fiscal management, policy development, staff activity, community relations, and related activities.
Interested parties should send a letter of interest and CV to:
Search Committee, Executive Director
Attn: Ginny Chan
Collaborative Support Programs of New Jersey, Inc.
11 Spring Street
Freehold, NJ 07728
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Search Committee, Executive Director
Recovery Center in Columbia County, NY seeks a Program Director to provide community outreach services to persons with Lived Mental Health Experience (MHE). This financially responsible person is to act as liaison between Friends of the New Leaf, Inc. and the Recovery Center.
· Knowledge of serving persons in a rural community with preference specifically for Columbia County, NY .
· Lived Mental Health Experience (MHE).
· Organizational and management experience including ability to supervise staff as well as budget, procure and allocate funds as necessary.
· High school diploma or GED.
Send resume with the phrase “Recovery Center “ in the subject line.
email: email@example.com Fax : 518-828-2370
Full Job description and Job requirements are available upon request.