NYAPRS Note: Although the deadline for discounted rates for our upcoming Executive Seminar at the Hilton Albany has passed, we have arranged for the Hotel to honor the discounted rate while there are still rooms available. There are only a few rooms left so REGISTER TODAY at: https://registration.nyaprs.org/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/event/register&page_id=24&id=1&reset=1; REMEMBER NYAPRS MEMBERS SAVE $100 ON FULL REGISTRATION... see the printed program schedule at https://registration.nyaprs.org/wp-content/plugins/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/files/ExecutiveSeminarAgenda2013.pdf.
NYAPRS Collective Presents
The 9th Annual Executive Seminar on Systems Transformation
Mastering the Opportunities in Healthcare, Olmstead and Budget Reforms in New York State
Hilton Albany State and Lodge Streets, Albany, NY
April 25-26, 2013
This is a defining moment for our work and our field, in the midst of the most fundamental and fastest changes we have ever seen. Such times demand vision, insight and input from across our communities. NYAPRS has gathered together, national and state experts and state policy, provider and peer leaders to help us shape and prepare for what lies ahead.
NYAPRS Note: This is a defining moment for our work and our field, in the midst of the most fundamental and fastest changes we have ever seen. Such times demand vision, insight and input from across our communities.
NYAPRS’s upcoming April 25-6 Executive Seminar gathers together a stellar array of national and state experts and state policy, provider and peer leaders to help us shape and prepare for what lies ahead. Our program includes national leaders like:
- New! Opening introduction to New York’s new Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs by Acting Director Jeff Wise
- New! Special Counsel for Olmstead to Governor Cuomo Roger Bearden will join Delaware Commissioner Kevin Huckshorn and former US Dep’t of Justice attorney Sam Bagenstos to discuss the impact of an Olmstead plan on state mental health policy and programs
- Medicaid Director Jason Helgerson, OMH Acting Commissioner Kristin Woodlock and OASAS Commissioner Arlene Gonzalez-Sanchez to discuss the impact of the NYS budget agreement and the imminent integration of behavioral and physical health services
- Open Minds’ Monica Oss, noted expert on the implications of financing changes on behavioral health delivery systems
- State and advocates’ panel that takes a look at the impact of New York’s recently approved Managed Long Term Care program as well as the Medicaid/Medicare (FIDA) and Community First Choice initiatives
- Numerous panels helping to prepare clinics, rehab and peer run programs for integrated and managed care
- Paul Appelbaum, Ron Manderscheid, Dan Fisher and Steve Coe discussing the impact of increased national and state attention on mental health issues
- Arthur Evans, Philadelphia’s Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disAbility Services Commissioner on healthcare transformation and grounding multicultural competencies
- Larry Fricks,Joe Powell, Mark Duffy, Alan Rabideau and Amy Colesante describing the latest in peer service innovations
- Cheri Dolezal (Washington), Joe Powell (Texas) and Tom Lane (Pennsylvania) detailing some impressive managed care designs that have enhanced recovery and peer support initiatives
- NDRI’s Stan Sachs on innovations in integrating addiction, mental health and medical care
- National consultant Dick Dougherty and NYAPRS’ Edye Schwartz taking a look at promising national healthcare innovations
- SAMHSA’s Wilma Townsend and Dennis Romero
The Seminar also features a broad array of New York State officials and leading state change agents who will help us stay on top of prominent state policy changes and programmatic innovations.
CLICK THIS LINK TO SEE ALL THE PRESENTERS AND THE FULL PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: https://registration.nyaprs.org/wp-content/plugins/files/civicrm/persist/contribute/files/ExecutiveSeminarAgenda2013.pdf.