The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is hosting three forums to gather input to improve the behavioral health system. The first forum on 10/7 was a big success, and there are two more coming up: next Tuesday in the Bronx, and on 11/1 in Manhattan. See below for more information and use the attached flyer to announce the event in your program. Forums are open to all members of the public, and DOHMH is seeking suggestions from a wide range of community stakeholders: consumers, people in recovery, youth, families, providers, peer advocates and peer specialists, advocates and others.
The Health Department seeks feedback on the following topics:
- New ways to meet the mental health and substance use service needs of New Yorkers.
- Strategies you would recommend for engaging and supporting people in care.
- Approaches to improve access to care and the quality of services through New York State’s Medicaid Redesign initiative. Under this initiative all mental health and substance use services will be paid for by managed care plans.
Forum Dates and Locations:
Monday, October 7, 12pm – 3pm / Register by: Friday, October 4
DOHMH Gotham Center
3rd Floor Auditorium
42-09 28th Street
Long Island City, NY 11101
Tuesday, October 22, 2pm – 5pm / Register by: Monday, October 21
The Bronx Museum of the Arts
2nd Floor North Wing
1040 Grand Concourse
Bronx, NY 10456
Friday, November 1, 2pm – 5pm / Register by: Thursday, October 31
125 Worth Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
- Call (347) 396-7974 to register to attend.
- To make public comments in a language other than English, please notify us upon registering at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Comments will be limited to five minutes per speaker and delivered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Email your testimony to DMHForum@health.nyc.gov by the registration date. You may also provide a written copy at the forum.
- You must bring a photo ID to enter the forum.