Vermont Recovery Coach Academy offers comprehensive, integrated peer support training
NYAPRS Note: This special invitation comes courtesy of Patty McCarthy, Director for Friends of Recovery - Vermont, a grassroots addiction recovery advocacy and education organization who has developed a ground-breaking recovery coaching curriculum that offers an integrated focus on mental health and addiction recovery for peer support. We understand that space is limited so register right away!
A recovery coach is a person who helps remove personal & environmental obstacles to recovery, links the newly recovered person to the recovery community, and serves as a personal guide and mentor in the management of personal & family recovery.
Vermont Recovery Coach Academy
A comprehensive, co-occurring mental health and addiction recovery training for peer support providers
Presented by Friends of Recovery- Vermont
February 25- March 1, 2013 Monday-Friday: 9:00-4:30
The Wilson House, East Dorset, VT
Rate: $975- All Inclusive
Other package rates available from $675 pp
February 8, 2013
*$100 Deposit required
Lead Trainer Jo Romano
The Wilson House is the birthplace of Bill W., co-founder
of Alcoholics Anonymous, and is located in
East Dorset, Vermont. Wilson House is a non-profit foundation, which has been restored and is being maintained as a living memorial to Bill W.
During the Vermont Recovery Coach Academy, participants can attend meetings, enjoy self-organized activities. drumming circle & more!
RCA Learning Objectives:
● Describe recovery coaching guiding principles
● Explore wellness & recovery perspectives for addiction, mental health and co-occurring
● Identify diverse & varied pathways to recovery
● Explore medication-assisted therapy as a pathway to recovery
● Examine the roles & responsibilities of a recovery coach, including ethics & boundaries
● Practice coaching, motivational interviewing techniques & facilitation skills
● Learn & practice how to open & close a coaching meeting, & set a goal plan
● Gain familiarity with recovery planning tools & coaching templates
● Develop a personal & professional plan
● Gain knowledge of resources
“Fantastic learning and growth experience. Many of my attitudes, beliefs, and methods have been challenged. My mind has been opened, and I notice a positive shift in my overall perspective.”
-Will, Oct. 2012 RCA
Friends of Recovery- Vermont is a program of the Vermont Association for Mental Health & Addiction Recovery 802-229-6103 firstname.lastname@example.org 100 State Street, Suite 352, Montpelier, VT 05602