NYAPRS Note: The following SAMHSA sponsored webinar is offered under the BRSS TACS initiative.
Cultivating the Leadership Skills of Young People in Recovery
Date/Time:Thursday, May 19, 2016 | 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. ET (1:00pm CT, 12:00pm MT, 11:00am PT)
- Johanna Bergan,Executive Director, Youth M.O.V.E. National
- Justin Luke Riley,President and Chief Executive Officer, Young People in Recovery
- Devin Reaves, Recovery Advocate, Treatment Specialist, Certified Recovery Support Specialist, Life of Purpose
Please note:CEU's will not be available; however, we do offer certificates of completion upon request.
Young adult recovery movement leaders have become powerful agents of change in the behavioral healthcare field. In many organizations and communities, they have achieved extraordinary levels of professional responsibility and authority. To continue their growth and aspirations, these young leaders need access to professional development supports that can equip them to interact, share ideas, and cultivate their professional acumen (The Bridgespan Group, 2010).
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Bringing Recovery Supports to Scale Technical Assistance Center Strategy (BRSS TACS) project will host a webinar titledCultivating the Leadership Skills of Young People in Recoverythat will disseminate leadership tools and discuss their application with established and emerging young leaders in the recovery movement.
Cultivating the Leadership Skills of Young People in Recoverywill offer user-friendly leadership development tools and an opportunity to engage in robust discussion in a safe and supportive environment among peers. Young adult leaders in the recovery movement will describe concepts, principles, and key skills to pursue in leadership development.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Explain key leadership development concepts and principles;
- Determine which leadership tools are most useful for creating their own professional development plan;
- Describe how to utilize self-assessment instruments to inform their own personal professional development track; and
- Articulate the ways in which mentorship can enhance their future development and preparation as leaders in the recovery movement.
Please note: This webinar will be closed captioned and a transcript will be available following the event.
Have questions about Cultivating the Leadership Skills of Young People in Recovery?