NYAPRS Note: Our friends at Hutchings Psychiatric Center are once again offering a free opportunity to come together in Syracuse and talk about recovery. Join speakers below for a wonderful day of exploration and discussion kicked off by a keynote on Wellness and Recovery by Chacku Mathai. Registration information below.
Third Annual HPC Recovery Conference: Making Recovery Work
May 17, 2016 8:00 am- 4:00 pm Hutchings Psychiatric Center Auditorium Schedule
· 8:00-9:00 am Registration
· 9:00-9:15 Intro and Welcome: Director, Mark Cattalani, MD. HPC.
· 9:15-10:15 "Making Wellness and Recovery Real for Us", Chacku Mathai, Director for NAMI STAR
· 10:15-10:30 Break
· 10:30-11:15 "Break the Box: When it comes to hiring individuals with mental illness."
· 11:15-12:00 pm "How to work, manage benefits and be independent financially. " Panel Discussion with Pilot, Liz and Ruth
· 12:00-1:00 Lunch on your own
· 1:00-1:10 Starfish Awards, Kirsten Hubel
· 1:00-2:00 "Research: what aspects of treatment help recovery most?" Sunny Aslam, MD. HPC
· 2:00-2:45 Breakouts:
1. Therapeutic Caring for Families and Psychosis, David Keith
2. Shared Decision Making, Dennis Green, Nathan Baird, Sean Wallace
3. Individual Placement and Support Model for Employment, Karen Broadway-Wilson
· 2:45-3:00 Break
· 3:00-4:00 pm Starfish Awards and Q&A
Ø David Keith, Professor of Psychiatry and Director of Family Therapy at SUNY Upstate Medical University
Ø Mark Cattalani, MD, Exec. Director, Hutchings Psychiatric Center.
Ø Sunny Aslam, MD, Outpatient Psychiatrist and Program Manager, Hutchings Psychiatric Center.
Ø Karen Broadway-Wilson, Individual Placement and Support Trainer at Center for Practice Innovations.
Ø Chacku Mathai, CPRP, Director, NAMI Star Center.
Ø Elizabeth Patience, Regional Advocacy Specialist, Central New York Field Office, Office of Mental Health
Ø Pilot Tansi, Program Coordinator, Unique Peerspectives AccessCNY
Ø Dennis Green, Peer Specialist, Hutchings Psychiatric Center.
Ø Nathan Baird, Peer Specialist, Hutchings Psychiatric Center.
Ø Ruth Ciciriello, Peer Specialist, Hutchings Psychiatric Center
Please register by 5/1/2016 preferably by email, including your selected breakout session to Terry.barkley at omh.ny.gov<mailto:Terry.barkley at omh.ny.gov> (315) 426-6870. There is no cost for this conference. Full brochure available upon request.