NYAPRS Note: The following invitation comes from Gwen O’Shea of the Health & Welfare Council of Long Island
Value Based Payment(VBP) Webinar for Community Based Organizations
serving Long Island and the Hudson Region
Tuesday, July 26, 2016 10:30am-12:00pm.
The webinar will be a fast paced and highly informative overview---
easily understood, interesting, and accessible whether you are well versed
in the state’s reform efforts or totally new to the dialogue.
It will contextualize the CBO Planning Grant within the context of the State’s goals for achieving and sustaining a system of health care financed by value based payment.
Our speaker, Josh Rubin from Health Management Associates, will:
- address the national trend toward healthcare financing based on value and quality instead of volume (i.e. value based payment) and provide an overview of the goals for reform, nationally and within NYS
- address the main elements of “accountable care” delivery and funding that underlie many NYS state initiatives, including the Delivery System Reform Incentive Plan (DSRIP) and explain what is behind changes to Medicaid funding
- discuss how the resulting flexibility in addressing people’s needs can include flexibility to pay for CBO interventions and programs
- describe the progression of options for healthcare financing that incentivize systems, like our Performing Provider Systems, to “do better more rapidly, in less traditional ways” and the potential for CBOs to contract directly with managed care providers as well as PPSs and others to do the kinds of things that are currently either under-resourced, lacking in the system, or available only where grants or contracts permit.
- outline the core challenges faced by human service providers/CBOs in a value based payment system (i.e. the importance of knowing who is being served by the organization, being able to demonstrate need and document services, the importance of demonstrating evidence of CBO effectiveness, the capacity to support the cost of providing care, ability to understand and negotiate contracts, manage fiscal reporting, etc.)
Meeting number (access code): 735 402 299
Join by phone
1-877-668-4493 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-650-479-3208 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Toll-free calling restrictions