October 10 NYC Buses
History Will Be Made in Washington D.C.
Now is the time for us to stand up against the indignity and injustice
people with mental health conditions face. We have for too long remained silent.
Get on the Bus!
· 75% of us say that we face discrimination at least once per month
· We are at least 3 times more likely to be the victims of violence than the perpetrators
· 6 out of 10 employers say that they would not hire someone with a mental health condition
· We are 3 to 7 times more likely to experience domestic violence than the general population
· We face false arrest and convictions at far greater rates, especially if we are persons of color
· 58% of fatal police shootings involve a person with a mental health condition
BUS Leaves 6:00 AM, Monday Oct 10 from
15th street and union square east, near Babies-R-Us.
4,5,6 train to 14th
Contact Carla Rabinowitz at
212-780-1400 x7726, email@example.com