NYAPRS Note: The MHA of Westchester’s CEO Amy Kohn is stepping down after guiding that agency to become one of the state's most respected person-centered, recovery-oriented agencies in the nation, an extraordinary achievement that the NYAPRS Board recognized last month with our Lifetime Achievement Award. As she retires, Amy will leave us with a legacy of commitment to the values of equality, justice, self-determination, empowerment and collaboration.
The MHA of Westchester is welcoming applicants for the CEO post, to be submitted by October 19. See below for details.
Mental Health Association Of Westchester
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) seeks candidates for the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). MHA Westchester, voted “A Best Place to Work in the Hudson Valley” is a leading community-based not-for-profit organization committed to recovery-focused behavioral health services. MHA maintains a prominent presence in the transformation of NY State’s Healthcare system, the peer recovery movement and the building of new integrated care models. The position of CEO is an exciting opportunity to lead a strong organization through evolving alliances and partnerships designed to create the integrated health care system of the future.
The mission of The Mental Health Association of Westchester (MHA) is to promote mental health through advocacy, community education and direct services. MHA facilitates recovery by providing services that reflect our deeply held values that include the recognition of individual rights of self-determination, choice, shared decision-making and collaborative work. Our highly trained staff utilize evidence-based practices throughout our comprehensive array of trauma-informed and recovery-oriented services. Through our robust services, as well as our advocacy programs and community events, MHA is able to meet the needs of thousands of men, women, children and families each year, helping them live independent lives in the community.
The Chief Executive Officer of MHA must be highly adept at understanding New York State’s healthcare transformation and at anticipating the environmental factors that will impact the delivery of care. The CEO is expected to recognize opportunities for positioning the organization in strategic alliances and for creating and nurturing the partnerships necessary for future sustainability. The CEO must think and act with flexibility, manage and evaluate risk and guide the Board and staff through rapid, large scale transformation and growth. The CEO is responsible for promoting a positive organizational reputation and for maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholder groups.
The CEO is responsible for the administrative and operational oversight of all critical systems including quality assurance, compliance and financial and legal integrity. The CEO establishes and supports an Executive Team designed to foster a culture of excellence, cooperation and accountability. The CEO strives to support its employees in all ways possible and to continue to foster MHA as “a best place to work”. The CEO is accountable to the Board of Directors of MHA and reports directly to the President of the Board of Directors.
Primary responsibilities of the CEO position include:
- Leading the agency on a day-to-day basis
- Overseeing Financial Management
- Developing and managing Strategic Alliances
- Updating and managing to the Strategic Plan
- Developing and fostering a Community Presence
- Managing relationship with the Board of Directors
Personal and Professional attributes and qualifications:
- Passion for MHA’s mission and unquestionable integrity and values.
- Minimum of 10 years leadership experience in the not for profit, healthcare world.
- Strong team building skills and ability to foster independent, accountable leaders.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex organization(s) in a highly regulated environment.
- Strong finance acumen.
- Public facing skills.
- Understanding of the New York State Medicaid Redesign Transformation
- Inspirational leadership skills
- Ability to form business solutions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to create and lead critical partnerships
- Innovative, entrepreneurial and high energy. Ability to communicate complex ideas in a clearly articulated manner.
- Experienced in Behavioral Health and the Recovery Movement.
- Confidence and ability to make decisions
- Intellectual and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prudent risk taker and results oriented.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive compensation package. Our benefit package is generous and designed to address the individual needs of each employee.
Applicants should reply with a resume and cover letter that references their experience in relation to the qualifications listed in the position description. All inquiries and resumes should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 19th, 2016.
Visit the MHA of Westchester website at www.mhawestchester.org to learn more.