This could be the recess when--once and for all, by speaking out about the need to protect our care--we can kill the bill to repeal the Affordable Care Act and make devastating cuts to Medicaid.
We want to be sure you have the resources you need to make the most of this opportunity. Now is the time to make your voice heard. Tell your senators to VOTE NO on this harmful bill, the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA).
In this email, and on our Protect Our Care website, you will find the following tools for action:
- An updated call script to use when contacting senators. Remember that you can dial toll-free at 866-426-2631 to reach your members of congress at any time
- Tips for getting face-time with your members of Congress--and how to make an impact if you can’t
- A guide for in-person meetings with members of Congress
- A list of events to attend in key states this recess and beyond to make your voice heard. Also visit www.townhallproject.com to find out if your members of congress are holding town halls
- Talking points that explain just how harmful the BCRA is to America’s health and wellbeing
- Content that you can share on social media to spread the message that Congress must Protect Our Care
When you talk to your senators, let them know that there is no fixing this harmful bill. The BCRA will strip coverage from millions and dismantle the Medicaid safety net for children, seniors, and people with disabilities. Make no mistake, this bill will make health care worse, not better.
Take the opportunity this recess to let your senators know that they should vote no on the BCRA.
Thank you for your work,
Director of Campaign Strategy