NYAPRS Note: Since both NYS Senators are opposed to the Senate GOP Affordable Care Act repeal proposal, it’s just as critical to get our local House members to oppose the bill. Please call the following today, thanks to our friends at the NY Association on Independent Living. Thank you!
Act today to stop the Republicans in the Senate from repealing the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and making devastating cuts to Medicaid!
The Graham-Cassidy proposal is the latest attempt to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and gut the Medicaid program. It will have a devastating impact on Medicaid, especially in New York State, which will suffer billions of dollars in Medicaid funding cuts if this bill passes.
It would cause virtually all of the same devastating impactsas previous repeal bills already rejected by the Senate, and would disproportionately harm seniors and people with disabilities. This bill would:
- Allow insurers to charge individuals with pre-existing conditions more money for health coverage
- Cap and block grant Medicaid (the equivalent of Medicaid cuts)
- Cut funding for Medicaid expansion
- Cut funding for financial assistance that helps low-wage workers and moderate-income families buy private insurance
- Repeal the ACA individual and employer mandates
This bill is gaining momentum in the Senate, and it must be stopped! While our New York Senators are thankfully opposed to this harmful bill, it is important that we push for Republican Representatives in the House to come out in opposition!
ACTION:Call the following Congressional Representatives and urge them to come out publically in opposition to the Graham-Cassidy bill.
- Lee Zeldin, First District #202-2253826
- Peter King, Second district #202-225-7896
- Daniel Donovan,11th district #202-225-3371
- John Faso, 19th District #202-225-5614
- Elise Stefanik 21st district #202-225-4611
- Claudia Tenney 22nd district #202-225-3665
- Tom Reed, 23rd District #202-225-3161
- John Katko, 24th District #202-225-3701
- Chris Collins, 27th District #202-225-5265
Urge them to:
- Oppose the Graham-Cassidy proposal and any other bill that cuts, caps, or block grants Medicaid.
- Support bi-partisan efforts to stabilize the healthcare marketplace and improve healthcare for all.
Kaiser Family Foundation
Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
Click the link below to log in and send your message: