City and State partners in collaboration with the Coalition for Behavioral Health are holding a series of networking opportunities for New York City adult behavioral health Home and Community Based Service (HCBS) providers both active and on hiatus, Care Management Agencies (CMAs), lead Health Homes and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs).
Approximately three networking events will be held in the first half of 2017. The first event was held in Manhattan on January 23. The second networking event will be held on March 16 at the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene in Queens. To register for the March 16 event please visit:
Please register by March 14, 2017.
Only organizations serving members residing in New York City are eligible to attend this event.
The benefits of attending this networking event include:
- Allows adult BH HCBS agencies to introduce CMAs, lead Health Homes and MCOs to their agency and educate attendees about the HCBS services offered.
- Provides Care Managers with information needed to help Adult BH HCBS eligible individuals make informed choices about where to receive services.
- Allows MCOs to establish connections with HCBS providers, CMAs and Health Homes and to hear about specific workflow issues providers are having with them.
- Obtain information about the Behavioral Health IT grant program.
- Speak with HCBS subject matter experts from City/State representatives.
- Gives opportunities for providers to educate each other about other services to which they can refer program participants.
Adult BH HCBS providers will be provided with vendor tables on a first come, first serve basis. Adult BH HCBS providers and MCOs are advised to have a representative (not necessarily the same person) on hand for the duration of the event. Lead Health Home and CMA representatives may attend the event during any portion of the day to meet and network with others.
If there are others in your organization that would be interested in attending this event, please forward this email and the registration link to them.
Additional information regarding who should attend the event and what attendees need to bring is listed in the Eventbrite link.
Yumiko L. Ikuta, MBA
Director of Rehabilitation Programs
Bureau of Mental Health, Office of Rehabilitation
NYC Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene
42-09 28th Street, 20th fl #20- 28, CN13C
Long Island City, NY 11101-4132