NYS Office of Mental Health
Employment Opportunity Special Assistant Office of Consumer Affairs
The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is currently recruiting to fill a Special Assistant, NS, position in the Office of Consumer Affairs. Under the general direction of the Commissioner, the Special Assistant will serve as the Director for the Office of Consumer Affairs and will manage and direct the operations and program activities of the Office of Consumer Affairs which ensures the inclusion of recipient perspectives into OMH policy making, planning, program development, and evaluation. The incumbent oversees and influences the interface between the consumer aspects (who are current and former users of mental health services) and the operational implementation of new programs and guides changes to existing programs into all areas of the mental health system. The incumbent serves as a member of the Executive Team of the Commissioner’s cabinet.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Engages in executive level management planning, policy and decision-making to lead and guide the operational implementation of the consumer aspects of new programs and services, as well as changes to existing programs and services, which comprise OMH’s mental health system
• Directs and coordinates the management of the Office of Consumer Affairs by planning, developing and directly implementing policy for efficient and effective operations of the Division
• Directs the inclusion of recipient perspectives into policymaking and planning and into program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
• Serves as a liaison between the Office of Mental Health and recipient organizations and individuals in New York State
• Supervises the Bureau of Consumer Affairs supervisor who manages the regional Recipient Affairs Specialists (RAS).
• Serves as the Central Office liaison with regional Peer Specialists on program and policy matters
• Directs contract management, procurement and program oversight for statewide contracts for the New York State Mental Health Association, New York State National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, the New York Association of Psycho-social Rehabilitation Services, Mental Health Empowerment Project, and Mental Hygiene Legal Services
• Oversees the accreditation process for credentialing peer and family’s individuals and organizations to provide Medicaid billable peer services
To be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #61943 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.
Applications are due by December 19