Educational Materials Available for Download, Printing, and Ordering:
Helping Outreach to Individuals Eligible for Health and Recovery Plans and Behavioral Health (BH)
Home and Community Based Services
NYS has released the following Educational Materials for Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care:
- Adult Behavioral Health (BH) Home and Community Based Services (BH HCBS) Brochure
- Health and Recovery Plan (HARP) Brochure
- HARP Poster
- HARP Palm Card
- Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care Video Series
These materials are all available for anyone to use in outreach and education to individuals eligible for and/or enrolled in Medicaid Managed Care Health and Recovery Plans, and Behavioral Health (BH) Home and Community Based Services.
HARP and BH HCBS Print Materials can be found on the OMH Managed Care Consumer Education Webpage, and can be:
- Downloaded and shared electronically;
- Printed on small or large scales for distribution; and/or
- Ordered through OMH Printing and Design Services
All print materials have been translated into nine additional languages that include:
Arabic, Traditional Chinese, French, Haitian-Creole, Italian, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.
The Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care Video Series is available:
- On the OMH Managed Care Consumer Education Webpage
- In Center for Practice Innovations’ Consumer Education Portal
The Video Series can be shared to help anyone learn more about the benefits of Health and Recovery Plans and Behavioral Health (BH) Home and Community Based Services.
If you have any questions concerning the HARP and/or BH HCBS Educational Materials, please contact Samantha.Veach@omh.ny.gov.
About the Materials
The NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH), Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS), Department of Health (DOH), and the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
have developed a series of educational materials, intended to familiarize individuals and their physical and behavioral health providers with:
- Medicaid Managed Care Health and Recovery Plans (HARPs) and
- Adult Behavioral Health (BH) Home and Community Based Services (BH HCBS).
About HARPs and BH HCBS
HARPs are health insurance plans offered by select Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) for people with serious mental illness and substance use disorders. These Plans offer specialized services and additional behavioral health benefits such as rehabilitation and wellness services including peer support, individualized employment assistance, education support, and more to eligible individuals. These benefits are called Adult Behavioral Health Home and Community-Based Services (Adult BH HCBS).