NYAPRS Note: Employment Opportunity
Position Announcement – 2018
Policy Research Associates, Inc. (PRA) is seeking a full-time Project Associate to join the SAMHSA-funded SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access and Recovery (SOAR) Technical Assistance (TA) Center. SOAR is national program designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder. Residence near or relocation to PRA’s Delmar, NY office is preferred. Remote locations will be considered for those with significant experience.
A leader in the behavioral health and human services field for nearly 30 years, PRA is a small business funded by federal and state agencies, national organizations, and foundations. PRA conducts research and evaluation; provides technical assistance and training; and plans and facilitates major conferences, meetings, and other knowledge-transfer activities in the behavioral health field. PRA is known for its expertise on behavioral health issues related to juvenile and criminal justice; services for children, adolescents, and their families; recovery supports; service members and veterans; homelessness and housing; and violence.
The Project Associate will be a PRA employee and an integral member of the SOAR TA team. S/he will report to the SOAR Project Director and will be responsible for Center duties including, but not limited to:
- Engaging and supporting high level state and local involvement in SOAR
- Providing on-site technical assistance to states and localities to increase access to SSI/SSDI
- Conducting leadership training and facilitating forums to further the implementation of SOAR
- Communicating regularly with other SOAR TA Center staff
- Reviewing practice cases submitted through the SOAR Online Course
- Utilizing project databases to track monthly TA provided
- Providing general contract support within the scope of the task order, such as writing issue briefs, blogs, and contributing to the newsletter
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with Social Security disability (SSI/SSDI), preferably with completion of the SOAR Online Course
- Experience working with individuals experiencing or at-risk of homelessness
- Previous project coordination/management experience is desired, with experience overseeing multiple tasks/priorities
- Experience w/technical writing, meeting planning/facilitation, media/technology, training, and TA desired
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within timelines
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills required
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle workload that includes frequent out-of-state travel
Salary level of position is commensurate with candidate experience. Position is a full-time, immediate opening with competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision care, 401k and employer-contributed retirement, student loan assistance, tuition reimbursement, wellness programs and casual work attire. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, a recipient of the Times Union “Top Workplace” award, and an American Heart Association designated “Fit-Friendly Workplace.”
If interested please send cover letter (indicating position title) and resume to Policy Research Associates, Inc., 345 Delaware Avenue, Delmar, NY 12054, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (518) 439-7612 and complete a brief PRA Candidate Survey.