NYAPRS News: The NYAPRS Conference is only 5 weeks away, to be held September 12-14 at our new site at the Honor’s Haven Resort in Ellenville!
- Joining pioneer Pat Deegan will be historic innovators Moe Armstrong, founder of the historic Vet to Vet model of peer support and Sam Cochran the major developer of the Crisis Intervention Team model. All 3 will be offering their unique insight on where we’ve been and should be going.
- The program will also offer a first inside look at two New York State program models at Baltic Street AEH and the Guidance Center that were just recognized a few weeks ago by SAMHSA for their innovative contributions to promoting wellness and employment.
- We’re also very pleased to offer a panel of 3 of the nation’s most experienced peer service leaders in the areas of Medicaid and managed care: Sherry Jenkins-Tucker, Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network, Anthony Fox, Tennessee Mental Health Consumers’ Association and Elise Padilla, Star Center.
- This year’s Wednesday evening program will feature 2 highly acclaimed films, “Vicarious Resilience” from the MHA in Ulster County and “You are Not Alone” from Antoine Craigwell of DBGM, Inc. in New York City, New York, along with the joyous
- And of course, David Granirer will be back once more with another group of budding comedians for our Thursday ‘Stand Up for Mental Health!’ program.
PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT: OUR FULL PROGRAM AND PRESENTATIONS SCHEDULE WILL BE GOING OUT THIS WEEK!
- First Come First Served!: Please REGISTER EARLY if you are interested in staying at Honors Haven as the room capacity is limited. Once filled, participants will be notified and may stay at the Hudson Valley or as a commuter if choosing to stay at another hotel. Click the link for a closer look at the Honors Haven Resort, Conference Registration and accommodation details forms https://rms.nyaprs.org/event/?page=CiviCRM&q=civicrm/event/info&reset=1&id=28 Register Now!
- Finally, don’t miss out taking advantage of our register 5 get 1 free special