NYAPRS News: HEAT is a new program to engage and support clients in the community, referred by the NYPD, FDNY, Parks Department. Each team includes a coordinator and peer health navigator. The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is currently recruiting for 16 peer health navigators to join the new Health Engagement and Assessment Team (HEAT). Meet with DOHMH to learn more about this new, exciting program and employment opportunities for peers. Bring your resume! Food will be served. To reserve your space, please phone or email Carla Rabinowitz at 212-780-1400 x7726 or email@example.com
Peer Recruitment Open House
Friday, July 20, 2018
Time: 2:00 pm
Location: Community Access Office
17 Battery Place, 13th floor
1, R train to Rector Street, 4,5 to Bowling Green
- HEAT Health Navigators (16) to provide field-based, peer support, health and mental health related services to people identified by other first responders as requiring a health intervention.
(2 shifts: 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm)
- Start Date: All staff will be expected to assume their new roles effective Monday, October 15th, 2018
- Staff working in HEAT will be assigned one of two shifts that will be operational 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays (7am-3pm & 3pm-11pm)
- Assigned work week schedules will either be Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday. All staff will be expected to staff other shifts as needed.
- Uniforms: all staff will be required to wear DOHMH issues uniforms.
- Driver’s License: Driver’s license preferred but not exclusively required for this role.
- Work Location: HEAT staff will be based at the DOHMH Public Health Lab on 455 1st Ave, New York, NY 10016