NYAPRS Seeks Chief Operating Officer
The New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services (NYAPRS) is a widely acclaimed state and national mental health system change agent dedicated to advancing the recovery, rehabilitation, rights, community inclusion and dignity of people with psychiatric disabilities or diagnoses. NYAPRS pursues this mission through state and national advocacy and public education, via a comprehensive array of training and technical assistance programs and through the demonstration of the effectiveness of innovative models of peer support services.
Given the increasing size and complexity of our operations, NYAPRS seeks to fill a new position of Chief Operating Officer (COO). The COO will assume broad level management responsibilities and will support the CEO and the agency in the development and implementation of the agency’s strategic priorities and policies and to provide leadership and direction to the staff.
The COO is responsible for developing the skills and cohesiveness of a strong leadership team for the agency and making strategic and operational recommendations to the CEO.
Responsibilities also include overall day-to-day management and operation of the agency, protection of its financial assets, while ensuring compliance with organizational directives as well as applicable grantor, federal, state and local regulations and national requirements. S/He has specific delegated authority to act on behalf of the CEO in her/his absence.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TECHNOLOGY BASED REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in management or in mental-health or related field (social sciences or public health) is required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5 years + in a senior management role leading a diverse team including telecommuters and remote employees.
- Desirable: non-profit experience to include working within a fee-for-services financial management structure. Knowledge of the importance of mental health issues and supportive practices and of health care systems.
- Experience in organizational management with an effective track record in coaching, developing and managing effective teams.
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities, while continuing to manage many ongoing projects.
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
- Strong listening skills, critical thinking skills and ability to get to the heart of a matter.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience presenting to BODs and committees.
- Situational critical thinking to present ideas and resolve issues.
We offer a highly competitive benefit package including health benefits, retirement plan, paid time off and paid holidays. Please submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume by August 30, 2018 to email@example.com or by regular mail to NYAPRS, 194 Washington Avenue, #400, Albany, NY 12210 ATTN: HR Manager. See more about us at www.nyaprs.org
NYAPRS is an equal opportunity employer. Lived experience with mental health services and systems a plus.