NYAPRS is seeking proposals for our 37th Annual Conference!
Integrate, Innovate, Advocate, Celebrate: Keeping our Eyes on the Prize!
September 24-26, 2019 Villa Roma Resort & Conference Center Callicoon, New York
The NYAPRS Annual Conference is widely regarded as one of the nation’s finest training opportunities and a unique celebration of advances in personal and professional strategies and public policies that advance the recovery, rehabilitation, rights and full community inclusion of people with psychiatric disabilities and/or diagnoses.
For over 3 decades, NYAPRS has provided timely information, energizing inspiration and critically valued networking opportunities in a celebratory atmosphere and retreat-like environment nestled within New York’s Catskill Mountains. Please make your contribution to the knowledge and skills of others by submitting a proposal today!
This year, we’re especially interested in presentations that focus on new service designs and choices and pathways to wellness and healing that are available across the diversity of New Yorkers with mental health and substance used related needs.
Presentations will be 75-minute sessions.
We encourage proposals that focus on the following cutting-edge topics:
• Health, Wellness, Healing and Recovery
• Empowerment and Advocacy
• Cultural Competence and Health Equity
• Integrating Behavioral & Physical Healthcare
• Promoting Dignity, Rights and Choice
• Exemplary or Emerging Practices
• Social Determinants of Health
• Peer Services and Supports
• Advancing Recovery via HARPs, Health Homes
• Understanding New Value-Based Payment Designs
& Home and Community Based Services
• Transforming Trauma into Triumph
Please submit the attached 2-page application by July 1, 2019
NYAPRS 194 Washington Ave, Suite 400, Albany, NY 12210
or faxed to 518-436-004