Free Training – Navigator Certificate in Human Services & Community Justice from the Prisoner Reentry Institute at John Jay College
The course is designed to develop & expand skill sets - for individuals with lived experience in the criminal justice system - to both secure entry-level human services positions & or strengthen performance in existing positions. The training covers the theoretical framework & organizational landscape of human services, as well as ethics & skills needed to be effective human services practitioners.
• Navigating & accessing social services;
• Understanding & navigating organizational culture;
• Professional communication & boundary setting;
• Professional technology & writing skills;
• Strengthening self-care through neuroscience-based emotional regulation skills;
• Using evidence-based practices such as Motivational Interviewing;
• Human Services field placement.
Apply before the July 31st, 2019 deadline! https://lnkd.in/e9yPtws If you’re interested or if you have staff, colleagues or clients who could benefit from this opportunity, feel free to reach out to me at: email@example.com