Staff Accountant- Full Time
Title: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Position Summary: Working under direct supervision, incumbent is responsible for providing financial and database administrative services and assistance of moderate complexity, requiring the use of judgment and discretion on a regular basis for multiple projects.
- Performs a broad range of financial support on a regular basis, requiring initiative and judgment to make independent decisions for which probable errors may have moderate effect on cost impacts on organizational outcomes.Â This includes processing A/P and A/R invoices and receipts, preparing and entering GL transactions for payroll, etc., calculating distributions for allocation entries, account reconciliations including credit cards &Â bank accounts etc. , maintaining contract/grant reporting deadlines, and developing contract/grant invoices for reporting.
- Prepares special or one time reports, presentation materials, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources. May assist in the analysis and interpretation of data under the direction of management.
- Assists CFO with preparation of monthly reconciliations, annual audits and CFRs, as well as other reports.
- Implements, administers, and maintains procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the NYAPRS master database.Â Resolves database performance and capacity issues, applies payments and generates reports as needed. Â
- Maintains financial, payroll, grant/contract, and vendor filing systems.Â
- Screens telephone calls and visitors, ascertaining who can be redirected to subordinate management. Provides information to callers, including key internal or external sources, which requires comprehensive knowledge of organization policies, practices and operations.
- Interprets requests and helps implement action, as well as decides whether the executive/project directors should be notified of important or emergency matters, as needed.Â In the absence of their supervisor, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree preferred
- Have at least 12 credit hours in accounting/finance
- Knowledge of GASB and GAAP a Plus
- Demonstrated experience with database administration
- Experience with Fund EZ software and CiviCRM preferred
- Experience with Medicaid billing a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information
Data management, including entry, analysis, and manipulation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
NYAPRS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement plan with non-elective company contribution, and generous paid time off and holidays.